A maternity health insurance policy is an add-on that is opted with your pre-existing health insurance plan. Nurturing a child and meeting the requirements of the mother and the baby during the pregnancy is costly. And above that, the rising expenses of delivery in a good hospital take a lot from your savings. So, having a planned pregnancy and a well-planned maternity health insurance is a good idea to be considered. It not only helps you financially but also mentally so that you can enjoy the happiness of your parenthood without any stress. Care maternity insurance, by Care insurance, provides maternity insurance, both as a standalone policy or as an add-on.
Things Covered by a Maternity Health Insurance Plan:
- All the procedures during the delivery process, either normal or Caesarean are covered.
- All the medical expenses, pre, and post-hospitalization, ambulance charges, doctor’s fees, nurses’ fees, hospital room rent, etc.
- Some of the policies cover the newborn baby against critical illnesses for up to 90 days.
- Pre and post-natal care, so that both the mother and the newborn baby are safe from any complications related to the health.
- Any need for hospitalization that arises during the prenatal period due to any health complication or after the delivery of the baby. This generally varies from 30 days of prenatal duration and 60 days for the post-natal duration.
- Vaccination for the newborn baby for a duration of up to 1 year.
- Like any other health insurance policy, it also provides tax benefits under Section 80D of Income Tax.
Care Health Insurance, formerly known as Religare health insurance provides maternity health insurance, both as an add-on and a standalone policy.
Exclusions in Maternity Health Insurance:
- Routine visit for the consultation with the doctor.
- Expenses due to ectopic pregnancy.
- Health complications due to any pre-existing illness.
- Any treatment or medical expenses due to self-inflicted injuries.
- Cost of vitamins and supplements, until specifies in the policy.
- If any allopathic treatment is taken during the pregnancy period.
- If the baby is born before the waiting period for the policy is over.
Who can Benefit the Most from Maternity Health Insurance Policy?
- Newly married couples who are planning for a child in the next 2 to 3 years.
- People who are planning to marry soon and have a child in the next 2 to 3 years.
- Couples who already have a child, but are planning for another child in the next 2 years.
- Couples who are not planning to have a child, but do not want to take any chances.
Parenthood marks the start of a new age in the life of a couple, either it’s their first time becoming a parent or not. The pregnancy period takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride. So planning for a better maternity policy with better coverage from a reputed insurance provider should always be taken into consideration. Hopefully, the points above help you in making your decision easy.