Part 1: Introduction
Undoubtedly, using an SD Card to store your data in this age is smart, as it’ll help keep your data safe without occupying your device’s storage space. But the sad news is that SD card is highly prone to data loss, if anything goes wrong with it and you can lose important data within seconds.
If you’re in a similar situation, worry less because you’ve stumbled onto the right page to find reliable ways to recover permanently deleted photos from SD cards efficiently without necessarily requiring technical knowledge. But before diving into that, let’s look at some possible causes of photos getting deleted from an SD card.
Part 2: Common Causes of Photo Deletion from SD Card or Memory Card
There are several reasons why photos might get deleted from SD card or memory card. While some are due to human mistakes, others are due to technical errors and viruses that compromise SD card functionality. The following are the most common causes of photo deletion from SD card;
- Accidentally deleting or formatting SD card data.
- A virus attack on your SD card would corrupt its data, thus causing its data to get deleted.
- Ejecting your SD card from your digital camera, phone, or any device during usage could also cause photo deletion.
- Using your SD card on different devices without formatting is another common cause of photo deletion. This is because if there’s an existing problem with the SD card, the data you save on it from the new device might get compromised.
- Unexpected power failure while transferring data from an SD card could also cause photo deletion.
- If your SD card is exceedingly full and you keep trying to store more photos on it, the existing photos might overwrite.
- Removing an SD card from a device while it’s still active is another common reason why you might encounter SD card photo loss.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Photos From SD Card With Recoverit
It’s possible to recover deleted photos from SD card, as photo recovery software will carry out the operation smoothly. You might ask which photo recovery software is the best. Well, the most reliable one recommended by many tech experts is Wondershare Recoverit.
Recoverit Photo Recovery is a powerhouse for recovering deleted data from almost all kinds of storage devices, be it SD card, local drive, USB drive, digital camera, etc. It allows users with any level of experience to recover deleted data using robust features. Besides, with Recoverit, you can recover not only photos but also other types of data, including files, audio, videos, and lots more. All it takes is only a few clicks.
Step 1. Download and Install Recoverit Photo Recoveryon your Windows or Mac device.
- Launch the program. And get the SD card connected with your computer.
- Select the SD card from which the photos were deleted. Then, click on Start to scan the drive and recover photos.
Step 2. Recoverit will take some time to scan the SD card. And you can preview all the files
Moreover, it allows you to quickly search for a specific File Type.
- On the upper-left pane, choose File Type.
- Under the File Type option, choose Photos.
- If you know the format of the permanently deleted photos, select it. (If you do not know the specific format of the permanently deleted photos, choose Photos).
- And click on Recover or Preview it.
Step 3. Once Wondershare finished scanning the SD card and lists all the files. You can navigate through the results and preview them. Click on Recover to restore the photos you are looking for
- Recover data from over 2000 types of storage devices without hassle.
- Supports recovering data in more than 1000 file formats.
- Easily recover lost, hidden, deleted videos without any corruption.
- Seamlessly integrated user interface.
- It supports selective photo recovery, instead of bulk recovery.
- Preview and recover deleted photos in just one click.
Part 3: Tips For Keeping SD Card Safe
Keeping your SD card safe is an efficient way to avoid photo loss. So, here are some helpful tips you can stick to prevent damage to your SD card.
- Always keep your SD card dry and clean.
- Never try to bend, drop, or break an SD card.
- Keep your SD card from an electromagnetic field, as flash memory data can be lost due to a magnetic field.
- Don’t use the memory card if the storage is full.
- Do not format your SD card on a computer. Instead, format it using the camera you’re looking to use it on. This is because the formatting process of cameras is different from that of a computer, and cameras usually save photos in a different manner.
- Avoid taking out the SD card from devices unnecessarily.
- Make sure to turn off your camera before ejecting an SD card from it.
At the end of this discussion, you should already know why your photos got deleted from SD card and how to get it back. Recoverit Photo Recovery is the best tool out there that anyone can use to recover permanently deleted photos from SD card or any other storage device. And since the tool is easy to use, don’t hesitate to try it for free and recover your SD card deleted photos quickly.